Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.68 - 16.50 depending on experience
- Posted Date:09/12/2017
- Performs routine, manual work cleaning and maintaining buildings, grounds and surrounding areas
- Performs recurring tasks in accordance with established practices and cleaning schedules
- Responsible for ensuring town-owned buildings are clean, (un)locking doors, setting up and breaking down rooms and facilities, performing minor maintenance and repairs, picking up trash, changing light bulbs and requisitioning supplies
- Performs related work as required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Basic knowledge of the internet and Microsoft Office desired
- Vocational/technical training in building maintenance
- Three to five years previous experience and/or training involving custodial work and building maintenance
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Monday 2:00pm – 11:00pm
- Thursday 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Friday 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Saturday 3:00pm-12:00am
- Sunday 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue