Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14 + depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:08/10/2017
- Ensure the safety of patrons in and around the aquatic facility
- Prevent hazardous situations, enforce pool rules, and act quickly and effectively to emergency situations
- Maintain cleanliness and proper sanitary conditions of aquatic facility
- Act as supervisor on duty when both Pool Operations Manager and Aquatics Services Manager are absent
- Provide directions and supervision to subordinate lifeguards
- Must have current American Red Cross lifeguard training, first aid, CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer and Northern Virginia Pool Operator’s License
- Minimum of 6 months as a pool operator, supervisory experience or a minimum of 480 hours worked
- Must be at least 16 years of age, mature and responsible
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue