Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Communications Technician I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$40,588 - 53,557 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:07/18/2017
- Receives emergency and non-emergency calls for service and dispatch assistance to the citizens of the town
- Responsible for receiving requests for service from citizens, dispatching police units on an assigned shift, operation of the public safety radio system and related record keeping tasks
- Provides information, answers questions and/or refers callers to appropriate personnel, town department or outside agency as appropriate; assists citizens on a walk-in basis with request for service, complaints and questions
- Performs other work as required
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years previous experience and/or training involving telecommunications or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Completion of Basic Telecommunications School
- Ability to obtain and maintain VCIN/NCIC Level A Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a United States citizen or have been a lawful resident of the United States for the past 10 consecutive years
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Rotating schedule, includes nights and weekends
- Herndon Police Department, 397 Herndon Parkway