Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.51 - $25.75/hr
- Posted Date:06/29/2017
- Responsible for curriculum development and leadership of Herndon Community Center licensed preschool, comprised of one classroom, (two separate 1/2 day age groups). Role includes planning all curriculum, leading program, training and supervising classroom staffing, coordinating assigned recreational programs and activities
- Position is responsible for developing a balanced curriculum for preschoolers ages 3-5 years; coordinating, supervising and conducting activities; researching, planning, and budgeting activities; purchasing needed supplies; conducting parent conferences; and maintaining appropriate records as required by law
- Performs related work as required
- Two years of progressive supervision in preschool setting preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, supplemented by annual continuing education preferred
- Must meet all qualifications standards set by the Virginia Department of Social Services as outlined in the "Standards for Licensed Child Day Centers"
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Must be able to complete Medication Administration Training/Daily Health Observation, background screening, current TB test upon hire
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving records
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & additional hours for planning and meetings
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue