Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Utility Equipment Operator I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$34, 933 - 46,095 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:04/26/2017
- Position is assigned to the street crew divisions and performs a variety of tasks related to the maintenance and repair of town roads ways
- Operates a variety of varied purpose equipment in street maintenance, road and right-of-way maintenance. It also consists of general labor work and is required to drive trucks requiring a commercial driver’s license and may be required to operate small equipment such as jack hammers, tampers, generators and small riding equipment as directed
- Repairs pot holes, concrete, asphalt signs, storm sewer and fences; repairs roads; paints road markings; performs asphalt paving
- Assists with normal assignments, special events, after hour activities and emergencies, snow removal, trash removal and other duties as required both during normal working hours and after hours and emergency support
- Performs related work as required
- High school diploma or GED One (1) to two (2) years previous experience and/or training involving equipment operation and Public Works maintenance
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, with greater emphasis on climbing and balancing, must be able to lift heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds); may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds)
- Position shall be required to submit to initial and random drug testing
- Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road