Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Kettle Bell Certified Personal Trainer
- Salary/Pay Rate:$22.67
- Posted Date:04/12/2017
The Herndon Community Center is seeking a certified personal trainer who also possesses Kettle Bell certification and experience to teach to small group personal training classes on Thursday evenings. Summer session begins Thursday, June 22, 2017 to August 25, 2017. Classes continue and run all year long, so there is a high potential for work opportunity extension.
Personal trainers are paid an hourly flat-rate for training plus prep time. Potential opportunity for additional personal training hours depending on demand. No high-pressure sales or revenue quotas, no "floor hours", no cold calling, no commissions to worry about. Enjoy working in a relaxed environment where you are helping our community members for all the right reasons.
- Responsible for conducting personal training sessions & small group personal training classes
- Must be capable and comfortable training people of all ages and abilities
- Manages time and client schedules responsibly and completes the workload with a great deal of autonomy
- Focuses on doing a good job to satisfy clients and customers
- Remains motivated and self-initiating
- Handles challenges eagerly and learns to grow from them
- Reliable and remains consistent in their style of working and customer service/leadership
- Candidates must have a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization (NSCA, ACE, NASM, ACSM, etc. and recognized Kettle Bell Certification)
- Must have a current CPR/AED certification
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, plus strong communication and organizational skills are required
- Preferred candidates will have at least one year of personal training experience and/or a two- or four-year degree in a field related to the Exercise Sciences
- Thursday evenings, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale avenue