Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Seasonal Laborer II (Cemetery)
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.00 - 14.00 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:03/14/2017
• Maintenance and care of cemetery grounds to include mowing and trimming
• Assists with weed-eating around memorials and landscape grounds cleaning
• Operation of commercial-grade lawn care equipment and tractor
• Set-up and aftercare of burials
• Set-up and care of memorials and monuments, occasionally assists in the opening and closing of graves and in erecting cemetery memorials
• Maintains equipment, performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Experience in professional/commercial lawn care
• Ability to lift heavy objects (75 lbs)
• A valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
• Minimum one year’s experience in grounds work, operating commercial lawn equipment and ability to service equipment desired
- 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m Monday - Friday + occasional weekends (anticipated post: April - November)
- Chestnut Grove Cemetery, 831 Dranesville Rd