Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Pool Operations Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$47,000+ depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:03/07/2017
- Deadline to Apply:03/29/2017
- Supervisory position in a heavily programmed 25 yard indoor pool, responsible for recruiting, training and supervising lifeguards using Red Cross protocols
- Provides first aid or rescue assistance; building rapport and communicating with patrons
- Ensures safe pool operations and maintaining the pool water and all associated equipment
- Assists in the budgeting process
- Performs related work as required
- Associate’s degree with course work emphasis in parks and recreation
- One to two years previous experience and/or training involving indoor swimming pool management experience
- Certification by the American Red Cross as a Lifeguard Training Instructor
- Possession of a Pool Operators License issued by the Fairfax County Department of Health Red Cross
- CPR and First aid trainer certification highly desired
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving records
- Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of pool water chemical balancing and ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues
- Demonstrated willingness to make connections within the community to recruit staff, build programs and promote water safety
- Tuesday - Saturday, 40 hours per week to include afternoons, evenings and weekends as needed
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue