Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Utility Equipment Operator II
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$37,560 - $49,561 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:03/01/2017
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the maintenance and repair of town roads ways
- Performs skilled work, driving dump trucks and equipment and requires a Commercial Driver’s License, Class B
- Position is responsible for operating refuse and roll-off trucks, dump truck, rubber-tire loader, tractor, front-end loader, backhoe, bobcat, milling machine, sweeper, forklift, flush truck and trailer, bush hog, snow removal equipment, and other maintenance equipment; preparing and maintaining records of work performed; and performing general maintenance on equipment.
- Position may be required to operate small equipment such as jack hammers, tampers, generators and small riding equipment as directed
- Performs tasks such as pot hole patching, concrete repairs, leaf collection, asphalt paving, sign installation, storm sewer repair and various other tasks requiring general and skilled labor as assigned
- Assists with normal assignments, special events, after hour activities and emergencies, snow removal, trash removal and other duties as required both during normal working hours and after hours, special events and emergency support
- Assists other crews as needed. Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- One to two years previous experience and/or training involving heavy equipment operation and Public Works maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Class B Commercial driver’s license with air brakes
- Possess or obtain Flagger Certificate within six months of employment
- Possess or obtain Tanker endorsement within one year of employment
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road