Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.00 - 14.00/hour depending on experience
- Posted Date:02/26/2017
- Aid staff in preparing for, setting up, carrying out and cleaning up special events
- May lead elements of special events (i.e. ticket sales, lead activities, direct runners, welcome attendees). Examples of events include: 5K races, Easter Egg Hunt, triathlon, festivals, movie nights, and more
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, move equipment, set up tents, etc.
- Strong work ethic and trouble-shooting skills
- Requires strong communication skills and customer service focus with diverse groups of people
- Varies, mainly weekends
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave.