Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.00 - 22.00/hr depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:02/25/2017 1:24 PM
- Coordinates stage crew activities and assists with stage preparation for paid professional bands during festivals, including unloading, setup and positioning of instruments and equipment
- Enforces rules to prevent security problems or safety hazards, including back stage access and crowd control
- Ability to follow schedule, present self professionally to public and performers
- Works with bands and sound company. Ensure entertainment is on time, with proper equipment and coordination
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus with diverse groups of people.
Works primarily for Herndon Festival (weekend after Memorial Day) and Labor Day Festival
- CPR & First Aid certification preferred
- Experience working with live musical performances or at festivals/events.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, move equipment, stand for long periods of time
- Strong work ethic and trouble-shooting skills
- Varies, mainly weekends/holidays
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave.