Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Seasonal Grounds Worker II
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.09
- Posted Date:11/02/2016
- Performs manual labor in a variety of work primarily associated with the maintenance of grounds around buildings and facilities, parks and rights-of-way
- Supports special events and assist other crews and work emergencies as needed
- Performs semi-skilled manual labor, operate mowing equipment, drive small dump trucks and pick-up size vehicles, maintenance on equipment
- Assists with special events, snow removal, after-hours emergencies in general and other duties, as required
- High school diploma or GED preferred; supplemented by little or no previous experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must be able to obtain of a Flagging Certification issued by the Virginia Department of Transportation
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Must report to work in, and wear at all times on the job steel-toed safety shoes of an acceptable standard, effective first scheduled work day. May not work without safety shoes
- Varies, under 20 hours per week
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road