Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Salary/Pay Rate:$22 + depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:11/22/2016
The Herndon Community Center is currently hiring for Personal Trainers. Working hours are flexible and based on demand. Current needs include weekday evenings, weekend hours may also be available. Personal Trainers are paid an hourly flat-rate for training plus prep time, and are provided all clients. No high-pressure sales or revenue quotas, no “floor hours”, no cold calling, no commissions to worry about. Enjoy working in a relaxed environment where you are helping our community members for all the right reasons.
- Responsible for conducting personal training sessions & small group personal training classes
- Administer exercise & health consultations, fitness assessments, exercise program design sessions and fitness orientations. Must be capable and comfortable training people of all ages and abilities
- May be asked to participate in other tasks associated with maintaining and operating a professional fitness environment.
- Candidates must have a current personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization (NSCA, ACE, NASM, ACSM, etc.)
- Must have a current CPR/AED certification
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, plus strong communication and organizational skills are required
- Preferred candidates will have at least one year of personal training experience and/or a two- or four-year degree in a field related to the Exercise Sciences
Candidates should be a High Performance employee, defined as someone who:
- Focuses on doing a good job to satisfy clients and customers
- Manages their time and client schedules responsibly and completes their workload with a great deal of autonomy
- Sees quality as a priority in the workplace
- Remains motivated and self-initiating Handles challenges eagerly and learns to grow from them Is reliable and remains consistent in their style of working and customer service/leadership
- Chooses this profession primarily for the altruistic purpose of helping others
- Flexible shifts, weekday evenings
- Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Avenue