Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
Deputy Director of Public Works
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$80,800 - 109,283 depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:11/17/2016
- Assists the Director of Public Works in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating activities to maintain the town’s infrastructure
- Employees in this classification perform managerial work
- Position is responsible for supervising departmental staff; acting as Director in his/her absence; managing the execution of the town’s Capital Improvement Program;
- Responds to citizen inquiries and complaints, and preparing and maintaining a variety of reports and records
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering management or related field required
- Master’s level course work in the field preferred; supplemented by six to nine years’ previous experience that includes engineering, public works management and contract administration
- Possession of a license as a Professional Engineer, Virginia preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 7: 00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. OT as needed, emergency events
- Town Shop, 1479 Sterling Road