Working for the Town of Herndon allows you make a difference in your local community. Together as one team, we plan, build, learn, maintain, keep safe and influence our great town for current and future generations. We offer a work environment with excellent work-life balance, great benefits, community involvement, and the chance to work with smart, dedicated people.
To apply: Click "Apply Now" on the page of the job for which you're interested to complete the electronic application. You will have the option to upload your resume and cover page. For positions with closing dates, applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by 5 pm of the closing date. Positions are open until filled if no closing date is listed.
The Town of Herndon is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$55,943 - $75,943 + depending on qualifications
- Posted Date:11/08/2016
- Maintain, support, and develop networks, databases, equipment and multiple IT projects within the town government
- Ensures the integrity of high availability network uptime, covering outages, and provide maximum performance for the town’s users. These networks include: computer, virtual, voice, firewall, and public wireless
- Maintains several town enterprise software systems, including CRM and GIS products so as to ensure consistent application of standards and generally accepted best practices to achieve a high degree of systems availability, interoperability, and security
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Information systems or equivalent experience preferred
- Four or more years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance
- Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems, CRM systems and software
- Cisco, VMWare, GIS, database experience all preferred
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Nights and weekends required for system upgrades
- Herndon Municipal Center, 777 Lynn Street